We are the premier independent Catholic school (3-year-old preschool through 8th grade) on Chicago’s North Shore. We are uniquely governed by an independent Board of Directors that brings together critical expertise and agility in decision-making. Following are a few of the things that make the Academy a distinctive and enriching experience for our students and their families:
- At the heart of The Academy is a commitment to excellent teaching. Our leadership team masterfully recruits top talent and then focuses on professional development and 1:1 coaching to ensure every teacher is constantly growing in their craft.
- Children at the Academy feel known and loved. Because of our small size and caring culture, children are known not just by their teachers but by teachers and staff across the school.
- Our rigorous curriculum emphasizes critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, and self-expression.
- Small classes allow for a high level of differentiated instruction. Instruction is student-centered and allows teachers to meet students’ individual needs and support them in various ways.
- Consistent with our core values, service to others is integral to who we are as a school and a community. From preparing soup kitchen meals to Kindness Days, students are regularly provided opportunities to grow through service to others.
- Extracurricular activities provide essential opportunities to develop interests, abilities, and skills. Activities span athletics, student government, performance arts, and interest groups.
- Our school culture emphasizes the importance of social-emotional development in a caring a socially-safe environment. Students collaborate across grades, and kindness is instilled and reinforced at every stage of development.
- We believe deeply in instilling core values, including honesty, compassion, respect, and responsibility. We seek to ensure every graduate goes to high school with the confidence and tools to set and achieve positive goals.
- We value diversity and encourage students to embrace and share their unique backgrounds, stories, and talents. And that we are a Catholic school that enthusiastically welcomes students of all faiths.