Applications are reviewed and processed in
the order received
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old, they will not turn from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
ASJA’s Early Childhood Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten prioritize the crucial early years of a child's development.
Here, you will find a nurturing environment and teachers who foster a love of learning. Students share in active exploration across a thematic-based curriculum, empowering children with skills that enhance their independence, readiness, verbal fluency, and ability to work independently and in a group setting. The Academy at St. Joan of Arc establishes a foundation for lifelong learning that lays the groundwork for a lifetime of growth and achievement.
CLICK HERE FOR PS/PK MILESTONES & FAQ's
• Play and Structure: We offer both play-based learning and structured, intentional experiences.
• Holistic Development: Our curriculum supports cognitive, emotional, social, and physical development through imaginative play focused on achieving age-appropriate milestones.
• Balanced Approach: Daily schedules balance self-directed and teacher-directed activities for a well-rounded education.
• Fundamental Concepts: Children continue their work on essential concepts like colors, shapes, numbers, letter formation and sounds.
• Hands-On and Inquiry-based: Interactive learning supports their growing curiosity through early reading, writing, math, and science activities.
• Math Manipulatives: Manipulatives like blocks and counters aid their visual understanding while being introduced to math concepts.
PS & PK include twice-weekly classes taught by Spanish, Phys Ed, and Music teachers. Daily use of their dedicated playground and open gym hours round out a very active schedule. Additional support is provided by our Resource Faculty, with an Early Reading Teacher, Learning Specialist, and Social Worker.
We believe in fostering a sense of community and cooperation through shared activities. Students belong to a larger school community and are active participants with other grades. Pre-school and Pre-Kindergarten students regularly work on projects and play with their middle school buddies, developing the social skills of friendships and leadership.
Please note that The Academy offers extended care before and after for families needing extended coverage. We know how busy and demanding our parents' lives are and offer a flexible, highly affordable, convenient, and caring before and aftercare experience.
School Day for the 2024 School Year
Full Days 8:15 AM - 3:00 PM
Half Days 8:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Extended Care from 7 AM - 6 PM is available
For students not ready for a full day, we offer flexible schedules ranging from
3 Half days to 5 Full days
Intentional Class Sizes of 20 Students